Commonly Misused/Misspelled Words
Today’s tip is more of a reference which will continue to grow over time.
Look at this list of words. Do you know the proper usages?
- Choose-present tense verb/Chose-past tense verb
- They’re-contraction for “They are”/Their-shows possession of something for more than one person simultaneously/There-points out a place
- You’re-contraction for “You are”/Your-shows possession
- To-preposition/Too-adjective/Two-noun, the number
- Dessert-what you eat/Desert-where there’s sand
- Edition-one of a series/Addition-the result of increasing amount or quantity
- Setup-noun, “The whole thing was a setup, a scam!”/Set Up-verb, “Please set up those folding chairs.”
- Backup-noun, “Do a full backup of the computer just in case.”/Back Up-verb, “Back up the computer just in case.”
- A lot-This is two words. Always.
This list could go on forever. Additions are imminent.